January 29, 2013

blogging manifesto


So as you may have noticed, I've been on kind of a blog hiatus...and a bit of an unplanned one at that. I started to feel guilty for having lost motivation and inspiration for my blog, and at times got pretty stressed about not keeping up with it.

But then I realized that this is MY blog - not anyone elses - and I can have fluctuations and ups and downs if I want to. Rob always reminds me that its about quality and NOT quantity, but I find myself worrying about losing all the followers that I worked so hard to gain, or being a crappy blogger, and many such other self-depricating and insecure thoughts. It then occured to me that blogging is what I make of it, and that you lovely people follow my blog for a variety of reasons, but mostly because (for whatever reason) you have found something in this blog that you enjoy. I also do not want to underestimate my readers, and assume that you are fickle and would stop liking me if I stopped blogging for a bit.

And so I want to stay true to giving you all content that is about quality and NOT quantity (this is something I am working to be confident about myself) I think this means that my blog is going to change a bit, and I'm going to challenge myself to move away from doing mostly outfit posts, and am going to try and add in more lifestyle posts. There is so much more to me that I want to share with you all :)

So THANK YOU for sticking with me (even when I take a break for a bit, which, let's face it, is what everyone needs sometimes)! I'm looking forward to this year ahead and to what life - and this blog - has to bring me :)

<3 Lo

4 comments:

  1. Firstly welcome back...I'm delighted to see you posting again. And secondly, I think by being truer to yourself in what you post about then you'll ultimately gain followers who will be truer to you too! Looking forward to the new lifestyle focus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I hope you have lots of fun changing up what you blog about; I always love reading more about peoples' lives as well as seeing their lovely outfits, and I have been meaning to do more than just outfit posts as well! You've reminded me to get started on that. I can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristina! I'm glad that I've inspired you as well ;)

      Delete